Spirulina Nutrients , Health Benefits and Usage.
Spirulina is among the world’s most popular supplements.It is loaded with various nutrients and antioxidants that may benefit your body and brain.It is an organism that grows in both salt and fresh water.It is a type of cyanobacteria, which is a family of single celled microbes that are often referred to as blue green algae.Just like plants, cyanobacteria can produce energy from sunlight via a process called photosynthesis.It has became popular when NASA proposed that it could be grown in space for use by astronauts .
Nutrients of Spirulina :-
A single tablespoon about 7 grams of dried spirulina powder may contains
- Protein: 4 grams
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) 11% of the RDA
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 15% of the RDA
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) 4% of the RDA
- Copper 21% of the RDA
- Iron 11% of the RDA
- It also contains decent amounts of magnesium,
potassium and manganese and small amounts of almost every other nutrient that we may need.
- holds only 20 calories and 1.7 grams of digestible carbs.
- It provides a small amount of fat around 1 gram , including both Omega 6 and Omega 3 Fatty Acids in an approximately 1.5 to 1.0 ratio.
- The quality of the protein in spirulina is considered excellent whe comparable to eggs. It may give all the 9 essential amino acids like Leucine , Iso Leucine , Valine , Histidine , Phenyl alanine, Lysine , Tryptophan.
- when compare with other foods spirulina may be the most nutritious of all other.